Teacher Training: Spring 2013
Skanda Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training Program: Nov 10 – Feb 24
The Skanda Yoga Teacher Training program is a 200-hour course certified by Yoga Alliance. The course is designed for those who wish to pursue teaching, or refine their teaching skills, but is also open to students that simply want to learn more about yoga. Those who complete the course will be eligible for Skanda Yoga E-RYT 200 certification and Yoga Alliance registration.
If you are interested in applying* to the Skanda Yoga Teacher Training Program, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- strengthen asana practice
- deepen meditation practice
- learn about mythology and philosophy
- learn therapeutics and anatomy
- learn how to assist students
- enhance personal freedom and self-empowerment
- Attendance to all classes on designated Saturdays and Sundays 12:00-6:00.
- Attendance to 3 additional classes during each week.
- Daily journaling and meditation practice.
- Observing 8 classes
- Assisting in 8 classes
- Teaching 8 classes
- A strong desire to work hard.
- Light on Yoga by B.K.S. Iyengar
- Heart of Yoga by T.K.V. Desikachar
- Moola Bandha: The Master Key by Swami Buddhananda
- Hatha Yoga Pradapika by Swami Muktibodhananda
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga: Scientific Keys Volume I by Ray Long MD.
- 13-Moon Natural Time Calendar by Jose Arguelles
(any translation of the following)
- The Yoga Sutras
- Bhagavad Gita
- The Upanishads
- The Rig Veda
Schedule (Summer 2012):
Teacher training dates are on Saturdays and Sundays from 12:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
Nov 11: Action an Alignment in Asana
Nov 17: Setting Spiritual Themes. The Power, Action, and Essence of teaching.
Nov 18: Scientific Stretching Techniques (anatomy of stretching)
Nov 24: Iridology and Nutrition
Nov 25: Assisting students in basic poses
Dec 1: Assisting students in Advanced poses
Dec 2: Teaching Methodology (structuring a class)
Dec 8: Verbal Skills for teaching instructions
Dec 9: Review assisting and practice teaching
Dec 15: Anatomy of Chakras (diagnosing with pendulum)
Dec 16: Mudra, Bandha, and Pranayama
Jan 5: Yoga Philosophy and Mythology
Jan 6: Classical Yoga
Jan 12: Vedanta/Tantra philosophy
Jan 13: Anatomy and Therapeutics
Jan 19: Anatomy and Therapeutics
Jan 20: Anatomy and Therapeutics
Jan 26: Bhagavad Gita
Jan 27: Advanced Skanda “Practice”
Feb 2: Practice Teaching/ Review
Feb 3: Practice Teaching/ Review
Feb 9: Sanskrit quiz/ Therapeutics review
Feb 10: Teaching and assisting
Feb 16: Teaching Test
Feb 17: Adjusting and Assisting exam
Feb 23: Final written exam
Feb 24: Asana/ Sanskrit exam